Ruby Hammer's Warm Weather Beauty Tips
All images Copyright Ruby Hammer
Ruby Hammer MBE is one of the country's best-loved and most respected make-up artists and, I'm proud to say, a wonderful friend to Seraphina. Her down-to-earth charm and emphasis on bringing out a face's natural beauty have made her the go-to for Cindy Crawford and Diane Kruger, and her work has adorned the pages of glossy magazines and the faces of supermodels alike. Ruby has generously contributed some exclusive tips for us on warmer weather beauty and self-care, to, in her words, "bolster our mood and give us a bouyant spirit."
Enjoy! And stay safe,
Ruby wearing The Bella Dress on holiday in Turks and Caicos
- Dry brush your body before a shower or bath to improve circulation and stimulate your lymph and detoxify. Skin will feel softer and more silky. A real uplifting and mood booster: use a natural bristle brush. There are great ones from Aromatherapy Associates or Elemis.
- Introduce a product like Chanel's Les Beiges Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream. It smells divine and it is cult product: a cream- gel bronzer for a healthy sun- kissed glow.
- Warmer climates make me reach for a more balmy sheer or glossy lip product ... It gives comfort whilst wearing it and also catches the light for a alluring pout .... Some of my faves are from Clarins: Lip Comfort Oil in Raspberry. This can be layered over or under your lipstick or fresh on its own.
- Use an Aromatherapy Associates Rollerball to enhance your mood in such a simple way... Revive or relax. Apply on your pulse points. It also doubles up as a fragrance.
- Use a hair mask to recondition and bring shine to your tresses. There are three new masks available from Living Proof which you choose depending on your hair type. Once applied and rinsed off, air dry your hair. I feel I am in a hair commercial: swinging my shiny hair!
- Lastly we must not forget sun protection. My favourite is Capital Soleil Solar Protective Water SPF 50 from Vichy: I like the hydrating one, but there's also an antioxidant one and a enhanced tan one... I love the light formula and spray: it really protects and feels comfortable on the skin... And allows you to dress and not ruin your summer dresses or outfits!
All of these smell of summer and are light yet effective products... A joy to use and make us feel like summer will last forever...
To learn more about Ruby and to discover her amazing new Magnetic Brush set visit www.rubyhammer.com